Registration and authentication
By registering or authenticating, Users allow Japio to identify them and give them access to dedicated services.
Depending on what is described below, third parties may provide registration and authentication services. In this case, Japio will be able to access some Data, stored by these third-party services, for registration or identification purposes.
Some of the services listed below may also collect Personal Data for targeting and profiling purposes; to find out more, please refer to the description of each service.
Gmail permissions to access User Data (OAuth addition) (Google LLC)
To provide its service, Japio uses restricted scopes for Gmail which allow access to User Data related to this Google service (as indicated below). This access is provided by Google LLC under strict terms. Here’s what this means for such User Data:
- The use of User Data is limited to providing or improving User-facing features. User Data will not be used for serving ads, including retargeting, personalized, or interest-based advertising.
- User Data will be transferred to third parties only if necessary, to provide or improve User-facing features and as necessary to comply with applicable law or as part of a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets with notice to Users.
- Humans will not read the Data unless:
- the Owner has obtained the User’s affirmative agreement for specific messages;
- it is necessary for security purposes and/or to comply with applicable law, or;
- the use is limited to internal operations and the Data (including derivations) have been aggregated and anonymized.
Personal Data processed: Read metadata.
The rights of Users
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by the Owner.
In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
- Object to processing of their Data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent.
- Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by the Owner, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, the Owner will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from the Owner.
- Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User’s consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
Collection of your Personal Information
In order to better provide you with products and services offered on our Site, Japio may collect personally identifiable information, such as your:
– First and Last Name
– E-mail Address
– Job Title
– The data is processed for the purposes of: Delivering the services requested by you; Monitoring and improving our services, e.g. in order to optimize the website, improve the user-friendliness, and reduce bugs; To communicate with you, including for marketing purposes.
Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through Japio’s Team message boards, this information may be collected and used by others on your team. We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to use certain products or services available on the Site. These may include:
(a) registering for an account on our Site;
(b) entering a sweepstakes or contest sponsored by us or one of our partners;
(c) signing up for special offers from selected third parties;
(d) sending us an email message;
(e) submitting your credit card or other payment information when ordering and purchasing products and services on our Site. To wit, we will use your information for, but not limited to,
communicating with you in relation to services and/or products you have requested from us. We
also may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
Use of your Personal Information
Japio collects and uses your personal information to operate its website(s) and deliver the services you have requested. Japio may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from Japio and its affiliates.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
Japio does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties.
Japio may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Japio, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Japio may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Japio or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Japio; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Japio, or the public.
Tracking User Behavior
Japio may keep track of the websites and pages our users visit within Japio, in order to determine what Japio services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within Japio to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
Automatically Collected Information
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by Japio. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Japio website.
The Japio website may use “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run
programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize Japio pages, or register with Japio site or services, a cookie helps Japio to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on.
When you return to the same Japio website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the Japio features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept
cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you
choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the
Japio services or websites you visit.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the
content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they
leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Security of your Personal Information
Japio secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Japio uses
the following methods for this purpose:
When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is
protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.
We strive to take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or
alteration of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Site cannot be guaranteed.
Right to Deletion
Subject to certain exceptions set out below, on receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will:
• Delete your personal information from our records; and
• Direct any service providers to delete your personal information from their records.
Please note that we may not be able to comply with requests to delete your personal information if it is necessary to:
• Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a
written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good
or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing
business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us;
• Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or
prosecute those responsible for that activity;
• Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
• Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free
speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
• Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
• Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public
interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the
information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research,
provided we have obtained your informed consent;
• Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your
relationship with us;
• Comply with an existing legal obligation; or
• Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with
the context in which you provided the information.
Children Under Thirteen
Japio does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website.
Disconnecting your Japio Account from Third Party Websites
You will be able to connect your Japio account to third party accounts. BY CONNECTING YOUR JAPIO ACCOUNT TO YOUR THIRD PARTY ACCOUNT, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE CONSENTING TO THE CONTINUOUS RELEASE OF INFORMATION ABOUT YOU TO OTHERS (IN ACCORDANCE WITH YOUR PRIVACY SETTINGS ON THOSE THIRD PARTY SITES). IF YOU DO NOT WANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU, INCLUDING PERSONALLY IDENTIFYING INFORMATION, TO BE SHARED IN THIS MANNER, DO NOT USE THIS FEATURE. You may disconnect your account from a third party account at any time. Users may learn how to disconnect their accounts from third-party websites by visiting their “My
Account” page. Users may also contact us via email or telephone.
From time to time, Japio may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication. If you would like to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications via email from Japio, you may opt out of such communications by “replying STOP” or “clicking on the UNSUBSCRIBE button..
External Data Storage Sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have
Changes to this Statement
significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary
email address specified in your account, by placing a prominent notice on our site, and/or by
updating any privacy information on this page. Your continued use of the Site and/or Services
available through this Site after such modifications will constitute your: (a) acknowledgment of the
Japio welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe
that Japio has not adhered to this Statement, please contact Japio at:
1424 4th St Ste 214 PMB 2797
Santa Monica, California 90401
Email Address: email@example.com
Telephone number: 3105260417
Effective as of October 06, 2020